Why We created Printed Memories
- Receiving familiar photographs, known as reminiscence therapy, has been proven to help Alzheimer’s sufferers to stimulate brain activity, enabling them to remember and connect to events, places and people in their lives.
- The Printed Memories Website (located at printed-memories.com) enables family members and relatives to stay connected with Alzheimer suffering patients. You can use it to create your own personalised postcard (uploading your own photograph and personal message) which will be delivered to your recipient, helping them to stay connected with their family and photographic memories.
- The Printed Memories Website is operated by Ricoh Europe Plc (“We”/”Us”) on behalf of and in conjunction with Alzheimer’s Research UK.
- We are Ricoh Europe Plc (registered number 00720944 whose registered office is situated at 20 Triton Street, London, NW1 3BF) and We are subject to English law.
- We are a leading provider of document services, consulting, software and hardware to businesses around the world and are dedicated to having a positive impact on the communities our employees live and work in. As part of our “imagine, change, challenge” programme, We have formed a partnership with Alzheimer’s Research UK as part of which we are committed to hosting a number of activities to raise awareness of Alzheimer’s. A number of these activities are enabled by our printing and digital technologies.
- We have created this Printed Memories Website for Alzheimer’s Research UK and arrange the hosting of the web pages on suitable IT infrastructure.
- We also provide the technology and software that enables you to create your postcards, print your postcards and arrange for them to be delivered to the persons you identify as the “recipient” of the postcards. As such, we process all orders for postcards, which includes collecting and processing your personal data and collecting the recipient’s personal data.
- This Printed Memories Website links to other websites, which will have their own privacy policies and terms.
About Alzheimer’s Research UK
- We’ve created this Printed Memories Website on behalf of and in conjunction with Alzheimer’s Research UK (company number 03681291 and registered charity, numbers 1077089 in England and Wales, and SC042474 in Scotland) of 3 Riverside, Granta Park, Cambridge, CB21 6AD, (firstname.lastname@example.org).
What information do We need?
- To place an order for a postcard, you’ll need to create an account. To do this, We only ask you to provide basic information about yourself – specifically, your name, address and email address– as is necessary to enable Us to provide the Printed Memories services on behalf of and in conjunction with Alzheimer’s Research UK. You will also need to provide your payment details to our third party payment platform provider (who is identified at the time of purchase and who will be the data controller in respect of such details).
- You will also need to provide a photograph for your postcard. Your photograph may contain personal data (if, for example, it contains images of you and/or the person you are sending your postcard to) but the photograph you upload is completely your choice.
- We will also ask you to provide basic information about the person to whom you wish to send your postcard – specifically, their name and their address (including country). Where you provide personal information about other people, you are confirming to Us and Alzheimer’s Research UK that you have the consent of those people, or otherwise have sufficient rights and/or authority, to provide us with that information.
- We won’t verify the accuracy of the information you give Us so please make sure you provide the correct details as We won’t be responsible for errors or problems that arise as a result of inaccurate information.
- We don’t ask you to provide any sensitive information (such as health data) about you or the person to whom you wish to send your postcard.
- We don’t use the information you provide to build profiles about you.
Why do We need this information?
- We need to know your basic information to be able to provide you with the Printed Memories service on behalf of Alzheimer’s Research UK and in line with their Terms & Conditions (which are available here: www.printed-memories.com/tou).
- The information We collect is used solely for and is only what We (acting on behalf of Alzheimer’s Research UK) need to be able to process (and if necessary to help you with) your order, to create your postcard, and to deliver it to your designated recipient in accordance with your wishes.
What do We do with this information?
- In particular:
- We will process your name, address and email address only for the purpose of processing and confirming completion of your postcard order;
- We will process your photograph and the name and address of the person you want to send your postcard to in order to print your postcards and to despatch them to your named recipient;
- We may need to collect and process your name, email address, and postcard order details to enable Us to help you with your order if required or answer any other queries you have about the Printed Memories Website or the Printed Memories service offered via the Printed Memories Website; and
- We may from time to time inspect a random sample of the postcards ordered through the Printed Memories Website for technical quality assurance reasons, which may include any postcards you order via the Printed Memories Website.
- We’ll store and use the information you provided to create your account to contact you about your order(s) and so you don’t have to re-enter this information every time you want to order from the Website. Although your payment details will be entered on the payment platform, neither we nor Alzheimer’s Research UK store any payment details.
- For the purposes of IT hosting and maintenance, all of the information you provide via this Printed Memories Website is located on servers within the EU.
How long will We keep this information?
- Your information will be stored on servers operated by the hosting service provider for the Printed Memories Website in accordance with the following retention schedule, after which such information will be securely erased once no longer needed:
Type of information
- Your name, address and email address
- The photograph you have chosen to upload to your postcard
- The name and address of the person to whom you wish to send a postcard
Purpose of processing
- To create your account, process your order, help you with your order (if required) and/or respond to your queries
- To create your postcard
- To create and deliver your postcard
- Until you delete your account that it is necessary to create in order to place an order (as further described in paragraph 14)
- In relation to each order, 90 calendar days from the date the postcard is printed
- You have the following rights regarding your information under Data Protection Legislation. Please note: some of these rights only apply from 25 May 2018:
||What does this mean?
|(a) The right to be informed i
|(b) The right of access i
This is so you’re aware and can check that We’re using your information in accordance with applicable data protection law.
|(c) The right to rectification i
||i You’re entitled to have your information corrected if it’s inaccurate or incomplete.
|(d) The right to erasure i
||i You have ‘the right to be forgotten.’ In simple terms, this enables you to request the deletion or removal of your information where there’s no compelling reason for Us or Alzheimer’s Research UK to keep using it. This is not a general right to erasure; there are exceptions.
|(e) The right to restrict processing i
||i You have rights to ‘block’ or suppress further use of your information. When processing is restricted, We and/or Alzheimer’s Research UK can still store your information, but may not use it further. We and Alzheimer’s Research UK keep separate lists of people who have asked for further use of their information to be ‘blocked’ to make sure the restriction is respected in future.
|(f) The right to data portability i
||i You have rights to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services. E.g., if you decide to switch to a new provider, this enables you to move, copy or transfer your information easily between Our or Alzheimer’s Research UK’s IT systems and theirs safely and securely, without affecting its usability.
|(g) The right to object i
||i You have the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing for direct marketing (which We and Alzheimer’s Research UK do only with your consent).
- To exercise any of these rights, or to make any complaint you can contact us:
By Post: Ricoh Europe Plc, 20 Triton Street, London, NW1 3BF
By Email: email@example.com
- If you’re not satisfied with our response to your complaint or believe the processing of your personal information in connection with the Printed Memories services does not comply with applicable Data Protection Legislation, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
What are cookies?
- Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer when you visit a website and which store and occasionally track information about your use of a website. A number of cookies last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used for a longer duration, where for example, We are required to remember your login details for when you next return to a website.
- The cookies used on the Printed Memories Website are explained below and based on the International Chamber of Commerce guide for cookie categories.
- Strictly necessary cookies – are essential for the website to function and allow you to use essential features of the website.
- The essential features of the website require strictly necessary cookies to allow the website to function in the correct manner and to allow you to move around the website and use its features. Strictly necessary cookies can also identify you as being logged in to the website and to ensure that you are able to connect to secure areas of the website. If you choose not to accept these cookies, you will be unable to use the Printed Memories Website, or parts of the Printed Memories Website may not function properly anymore.
- The following list of cookies are those used on the Printed Memories Website which we have identified as being strictly necessary cookies:
- Performance cookies – collect information about how you use a website, so that a website operator can improve the quality of the website and service.
- We have not identified any cookies used on the Printed Memories Website which are classified as performance cookies.
- Functionality cookies – provide you with improved website functionality by allowing the website to remember choices you have made on the website or to enhance your future visits to the website.
- Functionality cookies used on a website provide you with improved website functionality and allows the website operator to remember your username and password for subsequent visits and to identify you by a unique user identifier as a returning user.
- These cookies may share information with partners to provide services on the website. The information shared is only to be used to provide the service, product or function and not for any other purpose.
- We have not identified any cookies used on the Printed Memories Website which are classified as functionality cookies.
- Targeting/Interest based & sharing cookies – these cookies collect certain information about a user’s browsing habits and customise your browsing experience on a website. These types of cookies may be placed by a website operator or by third party advertising networks.
- The Targeting/Interest based & sharing cookies used on a website remember that a user has visited the website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. These organisations then provide you with more targeted adverts which are more relevant to you and your interests. Often these cookies are linked to the website functionality provided by the other organisation.
- Cookies of this nature which are used on a website only collect information by reference to the IP address that you are using. This information is used to inform you of products and/or services which may be of interest to you. These cookies may also provide advertising agencies with information on your visit so that they can present you with adverts which may be of interest to you. For more information about this type of interest based advertising, and about how to turn this feature off please visit youronlinechoices.com.
- We have not identified cookies used on the Printed Memories Website which are classified as Targeting/Interest based & sharing cookies.
Managing your cookie preferences
- Some of the cookies used by the Website are served by Us, and some may be served by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf.
- You can refuse to set cookies by changing your browser settings. More information about cookies and how to block cookies is available from allaboutcookies.org. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Printed Memories Website.
- In addition to cookies, tracking Gifs may be set by Us or third parties in respect of your use of the Printed Memories Website. Tracking Gifs are small image files within the content of the Printed Memories Website so that We or third parties can understand which parts of the Printed Memories Website are visited or whether particular content is of interest.
- For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to you handset manual.