ALZHEIMER’S RESEARCH UK PRINTED MEMORIES WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Why Alzheimer’s Research UK (“We”) created Printed Memories
- Receiving a postcard is a simple way to connect to a loved one affected by dementia, their carer or family.
- We have created this Printed Memories Website to enable family members and relatives to stay connected with someone with dementia, their carer or family. You can use it to create your own personalised postcard (uploading your own photograph and personal message) which will be delivered to Your recipient.
- These terms set out the terms and conditions (“Terms”) on which We make available the Printed Memories website (located at printed-memories.com) (the “Website“) and provide Postcards (defined below) to You.
- Please read these Terms carefully before using the Website or ordering any Postcards. If you agree with these Terms, please tick the relevant “acceptance” tick box. You should not use the Website, or order any Postcards via the Website, if You do not agree with any of these Terms.
- You should keep a copy of these Terms for future reference. Click here to print or download.
- “Postcard” means a Postcard You order from Us via the Website;
- “We/Us/Our” means Alzheimer’s Research UK (defined below) and Alzheimer’s Research Trading Limited (registered company number 03880026, a wholly owned subsidiary of Alzheimer’s Research UK which trades on our behalf), including where appropriate Our employees and authorised agents; and
- “You/Your” means you.
Information about Us
- We’re Alzheimer’s Research UK – the UK’s leading research charity aiming to defeat dementia. Our registered charity numbers are 1077089 in England and Wales and SC042474 in Scotland. We’re a company registered in England and Wales under registration number 03681291 and our registered office is 3 Riverside, Granta Park, Cambridge, CB21 6AD. We are VAT registered, under VAT registration number 125478113.
- If You have any questions or require any further information about our organisation or these Website Terms and Conditions, then please contact Us at:
By Post: Alzheimer’s Research UK, 3 Riverside, Granta Park, Great Abington, Cambridge, CB21 6AD By Phone: 0300 111 5555 or 01223 896 600 By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information about Ricoh Europe Plc
- We are working with Ricoh Europe Plc (“Ricoh“) to bring you the Website and to create and deliver Your Postcards.
- Ricoh (a leading provider of document services, consulting, software and hardware to businesses around the world) is dedicated to having a positive impact on the communities its employees live and work in. As part of its “imagine, change, challenge” programme, Ricoh has formed a partnership with Alzheimer’s Research UK as part of which it is committed to hosting a number of activities to raise awareness of Alzheimer’ A number of these activities are enabled by Ricoh’s printing and digital technologies.
- Ricoh has created the Website for Us and arranges for the hosting of the web pages on suitable IT infrastructure.
- If You have any questions, complaints or comments about this Website, or about any Postcards you have ordered, or your order generally then you can contact Ricoh directly at this email address: email@example.com. If Ricoh is unable to resolve any complaint you have about the Printed Memories services, You have the right to refer the dispute to the EU’s Online Dispute Resolution Platform at: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr.
Your use of the Website
Registration, Passwords and Security
- If You register an account on this Website, You are responsible for keeping Your password and user name confidential and for all activities that are carried out using them.
- You agree to notify Us immediately (using the contact details provided above) if You become aware of or suspect any unauthorised use of Your password or user name.
Your promises to Us
- You confirm that:
- all information and details provided by You to Us via the Website are true, accurate and up to date in all respects. You can update or correct Your personal details at any time by amending Your account details by clicking here / by using the contact details above;
- You are over 18 years of age, or if You are under 18 years of age, You are using the Website with the consent and involvement of a parent or guardian;
- You have the consent and/or authority to upload to the Website and/or incorporate into a Postcard, the images of any persons appearing in the Postcard, and/or the use and display of any personal images on the Postcard will not infringe any third party’s intellectual property rights; and
- You will comply with the restrictions on Your use of the Website as set out in these Terms.
- You agree that in using the Website You will not:
- use the Website for any unlawful purpose or in any way that interrupts, damages, impairs or renders the Website less efficient;
- transfer files that contain viruses, Trojans, worms or other harmful material;
- access or attempt to access the accounts of other users or to penetrate or attempt to penetrate the Website’s security measures;
- share any content which is threatening, defamatory, indecent, seditious, offensive, abusive or obscene, or may have the effect of being harassing, threatening or abusive to an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age or disability or otherwise; or
- advertise or promote third party or Your own products or services.
- You agree to compensate Us fully if:
- a claim or legal proceeding is brought against Us by any other person as a result of Your breach of these Terms; and/or
- You have acted negligently, recklessly or in a deliberately harmful way and We have suffered losses as a result of Your use of the Website or any content You have submitted to Us.
- If You breach these Terms and We take no action against you, We will still be entitled to exercise Our rights and remedies in any other situation where You breach these Terms.
Rights granted and rights reserved
- We reserve the right to suspend, restrict or terminate access to the Website or any part of it at any time without notice. However, while the Website is operational, We will endeavour to make it available at all times, but do not guarantee that it will be available uninterrupted or error free.
- Your use of the Website and its contents grants no rights to You in relation to Our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property of third parties.
- You may not use the Website for purpose other than those permitted under these Terms without Our prior express authorisation.
Links to and from other Websites
- You may create a hyperlink from Your website to the Website provided that You do so in a fair and legal way and not in a way that may damage or take advantage of Our reputation or that suggests any form of association, approval or endorsement on Our part.
- You may not frame the Website nor may You create a link to any part of the Website other than the home page unless We give You written permission (which We may withdraw at any time).
- Where the Website contains links to other websites provided by third parties, these links are provided for Your information and/or convenience only and do not constitute an endorsement by Us of these sites. We have no control over the contents of those sites, and accept no responsibility for them or any loss or damage that may arise from Your use of them.
About the information on this Website
- We (via Ricoh) aim to update the Website regularly, and may change the content at any time. Any of the material on the Website may be out of date at any given time and We are under no obligation to update this material.
The ordering process and order confirmations
- If You place an order for a Postcard by following the steps in the section “Creating Your Postcard” below, this order will constitute an offer by You to Ricoh on Our behalf to buy a Postcard. All orders are subject to availability and to acceptance by Ricoh on Our behalf. The contract for purchase of the Postcard is only entered into when Ricoh sends You an email confirming acceptance of Your offer or displays to you a confirmation screen confirming acceptance of Your offer.
- We (via Ricoh, acting on our behalf) reserve the right to not accept and/or cancel an order for any reasonable reason including, but not limited to where:
- The payment platform service provider has not been able to obtain authorisation for payment;
- the images You have uploaded for your Postcard are corrupted, unsupported technically or inadequately pixelated;
- Your order breaches any of these Terms or contains anything which infringes Our content rules (as set out in paragraph 36 below); and
- Ricoh, acting on Our behalf, has reasonable grounds to believe Your order is fraudulent.
- If Ricoh cannot accept or cancels Your order (in each case acting on Our behalf), it will contact You to explain this and You will be refunded in accordance with these Terms.
Creating Your Postcard
- The Website allows You to create your own, personalised Postcard.
- If You wish to upload a photograph for use in Your Postcard, the image must be in JPEG or PNG format – other formats (such as Word and PDFs) cannot be accepted. You can then add a personalised message to Your Postcard. Once You’ve uploaded the photograph and (as applicable) added your personalised message, You’ll be asked to provide the recipient’s delivery details. You can then review and confirm your order, before creating an account with Us in order to make payment and checkout.
- By uploading, posting, contributing or including any content or material in your Postcard, You grant Us – and Ricoh who produces the Postcards on Our behalf – a non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable licence (including the right to grant sub-licences through multiple tiers) to use, reproduce, adapt, distribute and communicate to the public that content or material solely for the purpose of performing obligations and exercising rights under these Terms. Note that Ricoh may modify content or material in order to conform it to the requirements of the Postcard You have ordered (such as by cropping images).
- You must not include any content or material in Your Postcard which:
- infringes anyone’s copyright or any other rights, such as a trade mark, of any person or entity,
- violates a duty owed to any person or entity, such as a duty of confidentiality;
- contravenes any applicable law or regulation;
- is false, inaccurate, misleading, offensive, abusive, threatening or defamatory, or that might cause needless annoyance, inconvenience or distress to any person;
- misrepresents identity or impersonates any person;
- contains material which is pornographic, obscene, indecent or offensive, which promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, or that may incite hatred or violence against any person or group;
- may harass, upset, embarrass or alarm any person;
- gives the impression that it emanates from or has been approved by Us; or
- advocates, promotes or assists any unlawful act.
Despatch of Your Postcard
- Ricoh will despatch Your Postcard within 2 working days of acceptance of your Order (in accordance with paragraph 30) using Royal Mail First Class Post or Royal Mail International Standard Delivery.
- For UK deliveries, Royal Mail advises that 90% of all First Class post arrives the next day but can take up to 3 working days to arrive. For international deliveries, Royal Mail advises that delivery will be made within 3 – 5 working days but delivery may take longer.
- All risk in the Postcard You order (including risk of loss and/or damage to the Postcard in transit) shall pass to Royal Mail as soon as Ricoh (acting on Our behalf) has instructed Royal Mail to despatch the Postcard on Your behalf, and to You when the Postcard is delivered to the delivery address specified in Your order.
Prices and payment
- The price due and payable by You for a single Postcard shall be as stated on this Website at the time You place Your order except in the case of obvious error. Prices may change at any time but price changes will not affect orders placed prior to the date of any such price change that have been confirmed with You. If the price of a Postcard is obviously wrong, Ricoh will not be obliged to provide the Postcard to You at that price and will give You the option of confirming Your order at the correct price or cancelling Your order, in which case You will be refunded any incorrect payments collected in respect of such order.
- Prices shown are inclusive of delivery charges.
- Prices shown on the Website are inclusive of VAT at the prevailing rate. However, if You have requested that Your Postcard be despatched to an address outside of the UK, the price You are charged by the payment platform service provider for that Postcard will not include any applicable local taxes (such as VAT or equivalent sales taxes or import duties) in the country to which the Postcard is delivered. The recipient of the Postcard will be liable for any such taxes and will be responsible for any additional delivery charges associated with the importation of the Postcard.
- When making your payment, it is imperative that you provide the information that the Website specifies is required. Your bank or credit card will be debited immediately upon placing your order. Ownership or title to the Postcard shall not pass to You until We have received payment in full. During the checkout process, You will be asked to enter your payment details. By completing Your payment details You confirm that the credit or debit card being used is Yours and/or You have authority to use it. All fields indicated as compulsory must be completed.
Cancellation, returns and refunds
- Due to the personalised nature of Our Postcards, orders cannot be cancelled once they have been confirmed by Ricoh.
- If Your Postcard is faulty, please contact Ricoh at firstname.lastname@example.org within three (3) days of receipt.
- If You’re eligible for a refund for any reason, Ricoh will ensure you are reimbursed the price You have paid for the Postcard onto the credit or debit card that You paid with. Alternatively, Ricoh may offer to reprint and resend the Postcard free of charge. Please note it is not Our or Ricoh’s policy to offer both a refund and a resend.
- Refunds cannot be given if the fault is a result of your own actions such as product misuse, misspelling, or if you have uploaded an image of a low resolution or size.
Our legal obligations and limits on Our liability
- You have certain legal rights under the law, including that We and Ricoh (acting on our behalf) will provide services to You with reasonable skill and within a reasonable time. You have certain legal remedies if We or Ricoh breach any of these rights. Nothing in these Terms is intended to affect these legal rights or other rights to which You may also be entitled, for example to damages or specific performance. For more information about Your legal rights in the UK contact Your local Citizens Advice Service or Trading Standards Service.
- Neither we nor Ricoh will be responsible for losses and damage that You might suffer which are:
- not caused by Our or Ricoh’s breach of these Terms;
- a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not reasonably foreseeable by You and Ricoh or Us when You begin to use the Website;
- a result of Our failure to provide the Website (or any part of it) or withdrawal of products from the Website or a result of Ricoh’s refusal to accept an order for any reason;
- a result of Your user name and password being used by someone else or any unauthorised access to Your personal information (unless this is due to Our or Ricoh’s negligence);
- caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, virus or other technologically harmful material that may affect Your computer equipment, programs, data or other material due to Your use of the Website (including Your downloading any content from the Website or any website linked to it); or
- caused by failure to meet any of Our or Ricoh’s obligations where We/Ricoh (as applicable) are prevented from doing so by events beyond our control (including, but not limited to, fire, flood, storm, riot, civil disturbance, war, nuclear accident, terrorist activity and acts of God).
- If We are liable to You for any losses or damages not excluded by these Terms We shall only be liable to You for losses up to one and a half times the amount paid by You for your Postcard (excluding delivery costs).
- We do not exclude liability for death or personal injury caused by Our negligence or that of Our employees, agents, partners and/or subcontractors (including Ricoh) or for fraud.
- All text, software, photographs, graphics, page layouts, design and other material that appears on the Website is owned and/or protected by Our or third party copyrights, trade marks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws.
- You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, record, transmit, commercially exploit, edit, communicate to the public or distribute in any way the web pages or materials on the Website or the computer codes of elements comprising the Website other than for Your own personal use. Subject to the above, You may download insubstantial excerpts of this content for the purpose of viewing it, provided that no more than one copy of any information is made.
- We may change these Terms from time to time by amending this page. Changes to these Terms will not affect any order from You that We have already accepted. We recommend that You check this page for updates from time to time.
- If You wish to notify Us in relation to these Terms and Conditions, please do so by email to email@example.com.
- We may wish to transfer Our rights or obligations or sub-contract Our obligations under these Terms to another other legal entity. You agree that We may do so provided that:
- this will not adversely affect the standard of the Postcards or the service You receive under these Terms; and
- in the case of transfer only, after We notify You of the date on which We will transfer Our rights and obligations under these Terms to another legal entity, Your only rights under or in connection with these Terms will be against the new legal entity and not against us.
- These Terms are personal to You. You may not transfer Your rights or obligations under these Terms to anyone else without Our written consent.
- These Terms are not intended to give rights to anyone except You and Us. None of these Terms will be enforceable by any third party including (if you are domiciled in the UK) any enforcement through the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- If any part of these Terms is disallowed or found to be ineffective by any court or regulator, the other provisions shall continue to apply.
- These Terms shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with English law, and You consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in respect of any dispute in relation to and arising from these Terms.
- These Terms were last updated in April 2018.